Video Lesson Troubleshooting
Top troubleshooting - 5 tips that solve 99% of issues
Reload Chrome, try Incognito
Below are 5 quick steps that solve most in-browser video call issues.
- Quick context: the key is the video calls work in your browser so your browser needs be running smoothly. Do you have browser blockers? Or lots of tabs open? These can affect your call quality!
- Reload your browser.
- Try Incognito or Private mode. Especially if you have browser extensions, like ad blockers. They can block your camera and microphone.
- Quit your browser. Don't just close. QUIT and reopen.
- Try another browser. (Chrome, Safari or Firefox)
- Reboot. Most people don't have to do this. But it can be a fast fix if you don't want to spend time troubleshooting.
Your browser is like any program or software. If you have not refreshed it in a while, it might need a refresh.
- Using an external cam/mic? Make sure it's selected in your Settings Click More > Cam/mac settings > Set your cam/mic as the Default
- Unblock camera/mic in your browser settings
- Unblock camera or mic on a computer
- Unblock camera or mic on a mobile device
- Mac OS screen sharing - new privacy setting step
- Packet loss - it's different from a speed test